Saturday, November 7, 2015
Today we went to one of my favorite grocery stores, Trader Joe's. If you don't like that store, no worries, I understand it isn't everyone's favorite. Except for, wait, after standing in the ridiculous lines, I don't know that I am convinced it *isn't* everyone's favorite! I am pretty sure the majority of the city was there. And while I am no great lover of standing in line, it was a good opportunity to reflect on my thankful things for the day!
Today I am thankful for:
1. Grocery shopping. I have lived in many places, and while I have always been blessed to live in the U.S. I have lived in a place or two where grocery shopping wasn't always as "fruitful" as it is here. I have dozens of choices of places to buy food, and it makes me very thankful.
2. Trader Joe's. I know: lame, hipster-wanna-be, thing to say. But whatever! I love that store! They speak directly to me: limited selection, pretty labels, great greeting cards, and my kids are *obsessed* with finding the stuffed animal they hide. Because who doesn't love free lollipops? Yes, yes, I am definitely grateful for this fun store.
3. Avocados. My favorite! I could pretty much eat guacamole every.single.day. And Trader Joe's has good ones-for cheap. ;)
4. Tortilla chips. See above.
5. Cooking shows. They always make me think of food, but our whole family enjoys watching them, together. I like that we can all sit around and cheer for our favorite chefs, and learn new things.
6. Re-useable grocery bags. It brings me great joy to not have to deal with fragile, messy plastic bags! This is a trend that I am glad is catching on.
7. Recipes. I know this seems a little weird, but I am grateful that people have gone before me and laid out their experiences with food. I have learned how to use a recipe as a guide, rather than a rule-book, but I am still so thankful that I don't have to figure out everything on my own, and it makes me a much better cook.
Who says you have to wait for Thanksgiving to think about food? Not me, obviously! What is making you thankful today?