Saturday, November 14, 2015
Today I am thankful for:
1. Sweet, sincere compliments. It is really lovely when hard work is recognized with thoughtful, kind words.
2. Re-purposing. I was able to use a number of decorative items that had other original intents. It was money-saving and creatively motivating!
3. White pumpkins. Specifically, one very large (and beautiful!) one that was a gift from my sweet husband. It was my inspiration for the decor scheme today and it was perfect.
4. The help of my family. The song goes, "I get by with a little help from my friends..." but I couldn't do it without my family. My mom, my sister, Kelly, my dear aunt, even my kids pitched in!
5. Help with the dishes. As I've mentioned before, I *hate* dishes. My aunt and uncle came to my rescue, and after everyone else had left they made sure that I didn't have to do a gigantic pile of serving plates, pots and silverware all by my lonesome. I wish I could list this one twice, that's how thankful I am!
6. Spray paint. My sweet family covered pumpkins, feathers, and even pine cones with gorgeous, gold spray paint to match my theme. It was beautiful!
7. White dishes. If you have ever been to an event I have coordinated, you know I would be lost without my white dishes. They are the most versatile things ever and I love them.
8. White hot chocolate. Specifically this recipe. It garnered me a boatload of compliments, and was a huge hit!
9. Being able to share my talents. I always feel like it isn't humble to talk about your own abilities, but I do really love to party plan and while it definitely come with a heavy load for my anxiety, I am thankful that it is something I can use to bless others.
10. Inspiration. I find it in a lot of things, and in a lot of places, but it never diminishes how thankful I am for it.
11. Creativity. It took me a long time to realize that creativity is not innate necessarily, though it is for some people. For others, like me, it is a muscle that can be strengthened, and a skill that can be sharpened. I won't claim to be the most creative, not even close, but I am thankful that I am allowed to do it in my own way.
12. Hard work. I know this seems like a strange thing to be thankful for, but to work hard, and well, is immensely satisfying.
13. Rest. You can't be thankful for hard work without equally appreciating the opposite: a chance to sit down, take a breath and reflect on the fruits of your labor.
14. That the day is done. I am thankful for the high points, the successes, but I am also thankful that the stress is over, and I have lots of pleasant memories!
Are you thankful your day is done? What made you want to praise the Lord for today?