Wednesday, November 25, 2015
So today I am thankful:
1. That Joel is not working. He was working as a tow driver last year, and he pulled Thanksgiving, so he wasn't able to leave town to come out to my parents. I am really glad that is not the case this year.
2. That he is not deployed. He missed Thanksgiving for that, too.
3. That I am not hundreds of miles away from my parents. They are just minutes away!
4. That I am not in charge of the turkey. Enough said.
5. That it is not the week of the windstorm. Almost everyone I know has their power back on.
6. That we are not eating at a restaurant. Lots of people think this is a good idea. It is mostly people who have never done it. I have, and I do not recommend it if it can be avoided. Thanksgiving is about home for me!
7. That I am not alone. The essence of Thanksgiving is sharing it with others. I am so thankful for family, and in years past, friends, who have shared this day with our family.
8. That I do not have to work on Black Friday. It was fun when I did it, but I am glad that I get to *shop* this year!
9. That I do not have to take my kids Black Friday shopping with me. My brother is going to keep them. Yay!
10. That I do not have to "shop" with my family by phone. We get to do it in person!
11. That I do not have to worry about food. There is always plenty, both tomorrow and everyday.
12. That I do not have a birthday to celebrate tomorrow. Jocelyn loves when her birthday falls on Thanksgiving, and I don't mind it, but I am glad that is all over for this year.
13. That I do not have to host. I love a party-but the planning and decorating part. After that, I am fine with leaving. I am glad my mom is hosting!
14. That I am not confused about Who I am thanking. I always feel badly for people who aren't believers-who in the world do they give thanks to? Themselves? I am so thankful I know Who deserves my thanks!
15. That I am not just responsible for the olives and the cranberry sauce. Aka: opening cans. I finally cook well enough to be given "real" jobs,
16. That I do not have any food allergies. I always feel sorry for those who struggle with that. Sad for the goodness they have to miss out on!
17. That I am not praying for my niece to get out of the hospital. Thankful she is at home this year-praying she stays there!
18. That I am not on break from school. Every day is a party, I have graduated! All done with that!
19. That I am not fasting desserts this year. I did that last year, and it was for a good reason, but I can thankful for dessert this year!
20. That we are not fighting bad weather. Plenty of experience there.
21. That our little family is not fighting any serious health issues. I am praying for my those in my extended family who are, but I am thankful that neither Joel, I or either of the kids is struggling with anything major.
22. That we are not in a time of famine. There is plenty to be thankful for.
23. That we are not traveling. It is not one of my favorite things to do this time of year.
24. That I do not have to eat dark meat. My mom doesn't make me. ;)
25. That I do not have to stop be thankful once Thanksgiving is over. As a matter of fact, I am supposed to be thankful all the time!
What are some "nots" you are thankful for?
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
I had to chuckle when I saw the part about the dark meat --- we would be great together as I eat the dark and you can have all of the white! LOL! I am thoroughly enjoying reading your blog. It has been moving to me and also entertaining - ok, I'm easily entertained! I do love all of my nieces, nephews, etc. as there are many of you. I would love to be there to have Thanksgiving with y'all - maybe one day! Although, we have had a great time here enjoying it with Joe's in-laws as they are gracious hosts!! Glad your weather is better up there now! Take care!!ReplyDelete