Wednesday, October 16, 2013
PPP Day 16: Invites (or Not)
So, I realized that I probably skipped one of the things that most people think of first when they have a party: invitations. Here is where I candidly confess: I pretty much only use Evites. I think handmade invitations are beautiful, but that isn't something I really get into. If you are having a really formal event, like a wedding, you should probably go with paper invitations. I think if you love handcrafting beautiful cards, it is also something you should do. But that isn't the case for me. Instead I use Evites. And, no, this is not a sponsored post. :)
Here's why I use Evites:
1. They are easy. You don't even really have to set up an account with them. I have mine done through my Facebook. I love that you get to skip the whole password deal.
2. They are free. Need I say more? However, don't get roped into using Postmark,which they advertise on their page, unless you want to pay.
3. They have lots of choices. So many more than they used to. You can upload your own graphic or photo, too! I even found two super cute choices for my clothing swap. They have over 40 categories-surely one will fit your event.
4. I LOVE how easy it makes it to RSVP. Want to add a place for your guest to say how many children they are bringing? They have it. Want to have a potluck? They have a space for that, too. And it is virtually effortless for you to keep track of responses. And it is fun for your other guests to see who is attending, too.
5. It is easy to share an event-you can leave it open for people to invite other guests, or you can restrict that feature.
6. They are really easily personalized. For the clothing swap I chose an option that changed the yes/maybe/not attending categories to "in","having a makeover" and "out". You can really make them your own.
7. They are instant. As soon as you hit "send" they are in people's email inbox. It makes it so much easier for last minute get-togethers. And you instantly see their responses.
8. You can send out reminders-to respond to the invitation, or if you need to add something.
So, there you have it. My recommendation for invitations. It might not work for every party, but it will work for most, and it will save you a heck of a lot on postage! Did I mention its *free*?;) I think there are other free invitation services, but I have been so happy with Evites I haven't tried them. Let me know if you have found one you think is better!
This is Day 16 of "31 Days of Perfect Party Planning". See the rest of the days here.