I am tired of inferiority. I have a complex and it is time to do away with it. I just have to believe that the Lord did not create me as a lesser person. I am constantly comparing myself to everyone I know and I am tired of it. I am also sure that everyone who knows me wishes I would quit talking about all the things that I wish I was. I am going to focus instead on what I already am and what I know God wants me to be. Therefore, in the spirit of appreciating what I already have I am going to brag on myself. Lisa Dawn (my very wise younger sister) informed that constantly going around deriding all my accomplishments and talents is not honoring to God. It is a false humility that seeks compliments and is not advantageous to anyone. Instead, know that as the song says "You make everything glorious, and I am Yours... so what does that make me?" Well the obvious answer is GLORIOUS! That is an exciting thought. So here it is... a list of things I think I do well. Don't laugh!
1. I organize clothes well.
2. I do a really thorough bathroom cleaning!
3. I really love my kids...even if I do allow my toddler to live on chicken nuggets. :)
4. I am always willing to help my family and friends.
5. I am honest about small things (I always give money back to cashiers!)
6. I am extremely passionate (can also be a negative, but we won't talk about that!)
7. I am very loyal.
8. I truly love the Lord and am very committed to trying to become more like Him.
9. I am always eager to get involved.
10. I make a mean Rice Krispy Treat.
11. I can be very thoughtful.
12. I write nice thank-you notes.
This is not a complete list, and I know it looks like I am filling out a profile for Match.com. Sometimes though I just think that it is okay to step back and tell ourselves that God doesn't make mistakes so we need to rejoice in the things we do well. We don't have to brag, but we don't have to constantly downplay our attributes and belittle ourselves. As another song says, "Thank You God for making me, ME!"