In my mind a list is always a good thing. Since my aunt had a list on her blog (Rachel's Writings) I decided that I, too, would post a list of things on my blog. I gave mine a little twist, though. Since I am generally a complainer I thought I would give a Pollyanna list. Therefore here are 5 things that I am not thankful for, but also what the not-thankful-for things make me thankful for.
1. I am not thankful for runny noses but I am thankful for: kids that are not suffering from a serious illness; the modern wonder that is Kleenex, and also the wonder-drug of Tylenol.
2. I am not thankful for snow but I am thankful for: automatically heated houses; the promise of spring, and cozy blankets.
3. I am not thankful Joel is in Iraq but I am thankful: the Lord watches over both of us; he has been kept safe, and the greatest invention of recent years: the Internet!
4. I am not thankful for bad vision but I am thankful for: contact lenses; great health insurance, and also that I do still have sight.
5. I am not thankful for distance that separates me from my family but I am thankful for: cell phones; Skype to see each other, and our great blogs!
I really try to find the silver lining but sometimes it is nice to be reminded that I need to be thankful in all circumstances. God truly is good all the time!