I thought it was so cool that today is 9/9/09 that I wanted to post something. I am feeling very ready to get our vacation started... but there is still plenty to be thankful for in the meantime! So, today in honor of the date, 9 things I am thankful for:
1. That all the berry juice came out of our clothes! I made funnel cake fries with fresh berry dipping sauce and while they were a hit with the kids I was more than a little worried that the deep purple raspberry, blueberry, blackberry sauce might never come out of our clothes. Thanks, Shout Dual Power!
2. That I found shoes to match my formal for $10! And I think there is good chance that I might be able to potentially wear them again so that is a double bonus.
3. Joel painted the chest in Carson's room! It has been on my to-do list for the last... forever. It now makes all his furniture coordinate (except his crib but due to his climbing abilities I have a feeling we will be swapping that out for the white toddler bed sooner rather than later!).
4. My mom sent Jocelyn's reading book! We will begin the journey of learning to read right after we get home from vacation. I am a little nervous, but mostly excited, about this new adventure. I think I will be even more proud than when she was potty-trained!
5. I found a fabulous dress for our cruise for-$6- can you believe it? It retailed for over $60 and I think I will look very Jackie-O in it. I love that decade's styles!
6. I have already bought the kids' Halloween costumes. They are going to be adorable! I hate waiting until the last minute to get that kind of stuff so I am happy to have it all done. And the best part of all- they will match! I will post pics after the fall festival in October...
7. I cleaned my hall closet this week. It is so organized- and has so much room! Definitely a fantastic return on my minimal time investment- 1/2 hour of work for a whole lot of happy.
8. I am thankful Joel and I have found a video game we can enjoy together! He loves to game and I usually just watch- not as fun as it sounds!:) We love jamming out together with Rock Band. I can even play on medium pretty proficiently now. Not too bad for two weeks of practice!
9. I am thankful we are leaving to sail the ocean blue in less than a week! Now if only the packing fairies would hurry up and get here....