Friday, November 27, 2015
Really, I get excited any time that I can just hang out with Joel. He is truly my favorite person, and that is saying a lot since we have been together 14 years. Anyway, I figured if I could devote an entire day to things I am thankful for about Josie, then Joel definitely deserved his own day.
Today I am thankful that Joel:
1. Makes me laugh. He always has, and I love that often he goes out of his way to elicit a smile or laugh from me.
2. Is such a good dad. He has always taken the lead role in parenting. I am so thankful for that, because surprisingly, I am a pushover when it comes to discipline.
3. That he continues to seek to grow spiritually. It is really inspiring.
4. Is so handsome. I know, shallow, but I am thankful God let me have a good-looking one. ;)
5. Works so hard. No matter what he does, he is not afraid of hard work.
6. Is not a complainer. He really isn't, and he has taught me a lot about contentment.
7. Is not afraid to lead. He doesn't demand to be in charge, but when he is placed in those positions he is confident and worthy of respect.
8. Has a heart for service. He doesn't mind getting his hands dirty, and he doesn't demand recognition for it, either.
9. Is willing to work on bettering our marriage. He has matured so much in our relationship-often he humbles me with his response to contention or disagreement. He sets a godly example.
10. Is easy to please. Simple things, like breakfast in bed and clean socks, make him happy. If I cook his favorite meal it makes him ecstatic!
11. Is so handy. He can fix so many things, and has good practical solutions for most problems around the house.
12. Prays with us. It is so important to me, and I am glad it is important to him, too.
13. Is humble. He doesn't seek accolades or acclaim, he is just satisfied with a job well done.
14. Appreciates the beauty of nature. I have, in recent years, discovered a deep love for the glory of creation (because it so perfectly reflects our Creator) and I am glad Joel shares that with me.
15. Doesn't baby me. I am glad that he wants the best for me, and in that regard he works with me, instead of doing everything for me. It has helped me to grow as a person.
16. Encourages me to try new things. I am a 'fraidy cat when it comes to the unknown, but I am learning that it can be exciting.
17. Isn't an anxious person. I need that to counter-balance my own neuroticisms.
18. Likes hanging out with me. Quality time is my love language, so I am glad for this!
19. Is a good sport. About crazy photo shoots, blog obsessions, crafting messes, party planning...should I go on?
20. Puts our family first. He is willing to sacrifice to be with us, and I appreciate that.
21. Helps around the house. He doesn't do dishes, but he is willing to do a lot of other chores.
22. Is kind. He may seem gruff, but he is really has a tender heart where it counts.
23. Is patient. I know, I have tested it often. :)
24. Is responsible. With bills, with possessions, with our family. He can be trusted, and I am so thankful for that.
25. Holds me accountable. He doesn't let me rampage without reminding me that often I had a hand in the craziness. I need that.
26. Really loves me. He doesn't give perfection, but he doesn't demand it, either. He would give his life for me, and I know that he works to show me in many ways each day.
27. Loves Jesus. He does, and while he may not always shout it from the rooftops, he lives it in his life.
I love that listing many things each day has given me the opportunity to express gratitude for more than just surface things. What is something, or someone, that you are thankful about many things, not just one?