1. WRAP YOUR PRESENT! Yes, this is me, yelling at you. Gift bags are easy, and wonderful, and can be very cute. But they don't beg to be opened like a crisply wrapped package. You will be the star of any party if you bring an *actual* wrapped present. If I had a dollar for every time I have been the only person to bring a paper-wrapped gift, well, let's just say its happened quite a bit!;) Use a gift bag when you are really hard up for time, or if you have a really difficultly shaped item. Using them less makes you appreciate them more when you really need them!
2. Buy a roll of brown kraft paper. Now. Go to the Dollar Tree and scoop some up-actually grab two rolls, and perhaps a roll of white if they have it. You are now set to wrap any present for any holiday. It will change your life. I still buy decorated paper, but I reach for my kraft paper all the time. Love it!
3. Invest in boxes. Not just the freebies from stores (those are getting really rare, anyway!). Buy shirt boxes, and also some that are square. You will love the square ones, super handy! (Buy these when you are picking up your paper at the DT). I used one to wrap this gift for the Butterfly Baby shower- it neatly fit washcloths, shampoo, lotion and a rubber ducky!
5. Learn how to make these awesome tissue paper flowers. So pretty! So easy! So useful! You will thank me. Buy tissue paper in the multi-color pack at the Dollar Tree.
6. Follow my "Wrap It Up" Pinterest board! Just kidding-sort of. It has some fabulous ideas I am dying to try.
So that's it! A quick trip to the Dollar Tree and you are set to wrap amazing presents. You will impress anyone with your mad skills. You can thank me later.
This has been Day 10 of "31 Days of Perfect Party Planning". Find the rest of the series here.